30 reasons why you must visit Northeast India onceThere is a land far far away surrounded by hills that lies on banks of rivers, sits in the midst of dense forests, wakes up by the myriad songs of birds, you must go there
There is a land far far away surrounded by hills that lies on banks of rivers, sits in the midst of dense forests, wakes up by the myriad songs of birds, you must go there at least once in your lifetime.
Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, and Tripura places that looks more like canvases and far less than reality. This is that virgin, less explored, non-contaminated part of India has many reasons to make it a tourist hotspot.
If you haven't been there yet and contemplating whether to make it or not, then here are 30 reasons why you should pack your bags and go now:
1. The Weather: Not too hot, not too cold. A bit humid during summers but regular rain keeps the temperature under control.
2. Friendly Natives: People from this region are friendly and their hospitality is simply heart-warming.
3. Simple Life: Life in this land is simple, relaxed, and there is no rush for a better smartphone or the launch of the next iPhone. Essentials are respected and luxuries are well defined.
4. Traditional Homes: Distinct architectural structure, and art and cultural stuffs as home décor items. Every home here is like a mini museum displaying who they are!
5. Amazing Mornings: It is not the alarm that wakes you up in this exotic place; it is the chirping of the birds in the frontward or backward of your home.
6. Peaceful Quiet Nights: The nights are quiet as if the whole town needs rest and yes, sleep is a great medicine.
7. Hills In The Sight: The hills don't call you here, you apparently live among them.
8. Clean Fresh Water: Regular rainfall ensures that this land is fertile and the water is crystal clean. Streams of water can be seen at most unexpected places and sometimes the stream water is much cleaner than bottled water.
9. Fresh Air: The industries are mostly away from area of human population that keeps the air of cities, towns, and villages fresh.
10. Clear Night Sky: The night might bring nightmares here, but in Northeast the night brings a sky full of twinkling stars. Watching them is a great way to understand how small we and our problems are.
11. Wide Fields: Wide-spread fields producing paddy and other edibles are a sight common in this land. And let me tell you, it looks incredible.
12. Brahmaputra: The mighty Brahmaputra is the lifeline of this region. The cultural significance of this river is immense, and until and unless you witness the beauty of this river you will never know what we are trying to say here.
13. Feel of Himalayas: Close to the Himalayas, Arunachal Pradesh is blessed with mind-blowing geography and climate. Also, from parts of NH 31 of Assam you can see the Himalayan range at the horizon.
14. Cuisine: Food is something of this place that you must try. Locals herbs, exotic edibles and simple yet delicious preparation, if you think you are a foodie then do not miss the food of Northeast.
15. Clean Small Villages: Villages of every state of this region carries their traditional identity with pride. If there, do not miss out on this.