A Fitbit tracker exploded on a woman's wrist

Most likely the culprit here is the battery again.
Fitbit - India TV
India TV Buzz Desk New Delhi 26 Apr 2017, 07:40 PM

Yes, you heard it right. Most likely the culprit here is the battery again. According to a report on Mashable, a woman in Wisconsin reported that her Fitbit exploded on her wrist, causing second-degree burns. 

Dina Mitchell told ABC News that the Flex 2 began to burn on her wrist while she was reading a book.

India TV - Fitbit burns

The company was quick to respond, it said: "it is investigating." They gave a statement to Mashable: "We are extremely concerned about Ms. Mitchell’s report regarding her Flex 2 and take it very seriously, as the health and safety of our customers is our top priority. Fitbit products are designed and produced in accordance with strict standards and undergo extensive internal and external testing to ensure the safety of our users.

We have spoken with Ms. Mitchell and are actively investigating this issue. We are not aware of any other complaints of this nature and see no reason for people to stop wearing their Flex 2. We will share additional information as we are able." 

Dina Mitchell wrote to ABC News: "It was either defective or really mad I was sitting still so long." She wrote, "It burned the heck out of my arm."

Mitchell sought treatment for her burns. Though Fitbit reportedly offered her a replacement device. We are not sure if she would be willing to strap another one anytime soon.

This is not an isolated incident involving lithium ion batteries. Last year, Samsung had to recall its Galaxy Note 7 smartphones after the handsets were found to be catching fire.

Related Tags: Fitness
Read Complete Article
 

Write a comment

 

More from buzz

 
SAMVAAD