Mumbai court cancels non-bailable warrant against Sanjay Dutt

The arrest warrant issued against actor Sanjay Dutt by a local magisterial court on Saturday over alleged threat to producer Shakil Noorani has been canceled today.
sanjay Dutt - India TV
India TV Entertainment Desk New Delhi 17 Apr 2017, 02:17 PM

The arrest warrant issued against actor Sanjay Dutt by a local magisterial court on Saturday over alleged threat to producer Shakil Noorani has been canceled today. 

According to the latest tweet of ANI, the non-bailable warrant against Sanjay Dutt over alleged threat to filmmaker Shakil Noorani has been canceled. 

ANI also posted a video on microblogging site Twitter in which Sanjay Dutt can be seen leaving for Andheri court. 

However, the earlier reports of ANI claimed that Sanjay had allegedly threatened filmmaker Shakil Noorani.

"We had sought arrest warrant against Dutt for non-appearance. The court has allowed our application," said advocate Neeraj Gupta, Noorani's lawyer. 

The next hearing will be on August 29. 

Noorani has filed a private complaint with the court demanding registration of a case against Dutt for criminal intimidation. 

Dutt had abandoned midway in 2002 a film, Jan ki Bazzi, which he was producing, said Noorani in his complaint, adding the actor did not even return the money already paid to him. 

Noorani approached Indian Motion Pictures Producers Association which directed Dutt to pay back the money. 

Noorani later moved the Bombay High Court, seeking execution of the IMPPA's order. 

In the meantime, he started receiving threatening calls from some underworld figures who asked him to withdraw the case, the producer alleged. 

Earlier too a warrant had been issued against Dutt for non-appearance in this case, but he was granted bail. 

Dutt, who was convicted under the Arms Act in the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts case, was released from the jail last year.

(With PTI Inputs)

 
 

More from entertainment