5 Bollywood films which crossed the coveted 200-crore landmarkWith Aamir Khan's PK, smashing all records, let's take a sneak peek that which all films have been the biggest grosser ever in the history of Bollywood. Here, we'll share the names of top five
With Aamir Khan's PK, smashing all records, let's take a sneak peek that which all films have been the biggest grosser ever in the history of Bollywood. Here, we'll share the names of top five of them –
1) PK: Inspite of all the controversies, Mr. Perfectionist's ‘PK' has grossed a record 305 crore nett in only seventeen days. According to a report on Boxofficeindia.com, it has become the highest grossing film of all time in the domestic market. Neither the political storms, nor the contentious all-bare exposure of Aamir could stop the film from reigning theatres. The film continues to spell its magic even as it enters third week of its release.
2) Dhoom 3: Another Aamir Khan starrer, raked in 261 crore nett from both in and offshores. Aamir's double role worked the wonder and the movie vroomed into the race of ‘200-crorers'. Standing just a step behind PK, this YRF venture is the first runner-up raising the 200-crore bar.
3) Kick: Next was Sallu Bhai's ‘Kick' and… there went the ‘200-crore milestone'. It made 212 crore in total. Except Salman's ‘Jai Ho', this is the fourth Salman Khan flick which helped him continue his legacy in the 200-crore club.
4) Chennai Express: The third stanch Khan of our industry is no where lagging behind. Shahrukh's ‘Chennai Express' earned 208 crore in the domestic market. The hit pair of Shahrukh-Deepika minted enough money for the director. The duo had been a success story in an earlier flick ‘Om Shanti Om' too.
5) 3 Idiots: Last but not the least, and establishing his victory on Bollywood, it was Mr. Perfectionist again, whose one more film went much ahead of the league. 3 Idiots collected 201 crore and stood at fifth place in the list of Bollywood's top grossers of all times.