Shahid Kapoor Birthday special: 7 unknown facts about the 'R..Rajkumar' of BollywoodNew Delhi: B-town is all about glamour, hard work and competition. One needs to be the best in order to survive. While it is always considered that it's the three Khans – Shah Rukh, Salman
New Delhi: B-town is all about glamour, hard work and competition. One needs to be the best in order to survive. While it is always considered that it's the three Khans – Shah Rukh, Salman and Aamir, who are ruling the industry these days, there are some actors who have successly carved a niche for themselves despite not belonging to the ‘Khan' squad.
One such actor is Shahid Kapoor. The actor with the chocolaty looks has been winning the hearts from the day he first entered the silver screen, be it in the music video ‘Aankho me tera hi chehra' by Aryans or his debut movie ‘Ishq Vishq'.
An amazing dancer, brilliant actor, Shahid often makes everyone woo with his hot looks and his ‘to die for' smile.
This handsome hunk broke a lot many hearts when he married Delhi girl Mira Rajput in July 2015. However, he and his lady love turned out to be one of the cutest couple of the glam town that often ends up giving relationship goals to people.
So as Shahid Kapoor turns 35 today, we bring to you some of the lesser known facts about chocolaty actor.
1. Though, Shahid Kapoor made his first debut as an actor with ‘Ishq Vishq' in 2003, he was also a child artist and was seen in advertisements especially in ‘Complan' ad.
2. We all know that Sasha is a strict vegetarian. But not many people know the reason for Shahid Kapoor turning vegetarian. It is said that his father Pankaj Kapur tried his level best to turn his son into a vegetarian, but it was all in vain. But things changed for Sasha after he read the book named ‘Life is Fair' by Brian Hines and he eventually gave up non-veg.
3. While Shahid Kapoor is a supporter of PETA, this handsome actor has also won the PETA's India's Sexiest Vegetarian contest in 2009. In fact, he was also named as PETA Asia-Pacific's Vegetarian Man in 2011.
4. Shahid belongs to the family of renowned artists. He is the son of veteran actors Pankaj Kapoor and Neelima Azmi. His stepmother, Supriya Pathak is a renowned name in the film fraternity. Interestingly, veteran actor Naseeruddin Shah is his step-uncle. Shahid's great grandfather K. A. Abbas is also an acclaimed film director, screenwriter, novelist and journalist.
5. Shahid Kapoor's official name is Shahid Khattar. Yes! The actor still uses his stepfather Rajesh Khattar's surname.
6. Shahid Kapoor has studied in Gyan Bharati School, Delhi till class IV before he shifted to Rajhans Vidyalaya in Mumbai.
7. The ‘Haider' actor, had rejected some big budget movies like Mira Nair's ‘The Reluctant Fundamentalis', Prakash Jha's ‘Satyagraha' and Siddharth Anand's ‘Bang Bang'.