Mel B was hospitalised due to drug overdoseLondon: Singer Mel B was hospitalised last week because she had an accidental overdose, mixing tranquilizers and alcohol, reports say.Controversy has swirled around the “X Factor” judge after she recently split from husband Stephen Belafonte
London: Singer Mel B was hospitalised last week because she had an accidental overdose, mixing tranquilizers and alcohol, reports say.
Controversy has swirled around the “X Factor” judge after she recently split from husband Stephen Belafonte in the midst of rumours that he had abused her -- which Belafonte has denied.
Last week Mel missed a live taping of “X Factor” because she went to the hospital after suffering agonising stomach pains.
According to a source, the truth behind her medical crisis is that she “was hospitalised because she mixed tranquilizers, including Xanax, with alcohol. It was absolutely accidental, and not intentional. She wasn't suicidal, but the pressure of being back in London brought a lot of unresolved issues to the surface concerning being estranged from mother, Andrea, and the rest of her family,” reports radaronline.com.
Earlier it was reported that Mel's mother Andrea took to Twitter with an explosive claim of receiving a “vile abusive” phone call from the singer's estranged husband Belafonte.
Andrea also hinted that her daughter had been physically abused.
But the source said: “Stephen absolutely never laid a hand on her. If anything, Stephen went above and beyond trying to help Mel.”