Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashma to go off air?A Sikh community is protesting and demanding a ban on the show Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashma
It seems like Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashma has landed into some trouble. The show, which has been running on TV for nearly a decade may get banned due to alleged blasphemous acts during the show. This show has managed to remain one of the top shows for a very long time. But apparently, its journey is being cut short for offending a community’s religious sentiments. A Sikh community is protesting and demanding a ban on the show. SGPC chief Kirpal Singh Badungar released a statement saying that the serial has hurt the community by showing a living character of tenth Sikh Guru Gobind Singh, which was against the Sikh principles
He also said, “No actor or any character can equate himself with the tenth Sikh Guru Gobind Singh. Such an act is unpardonable.”
- Akshay Kumar: TV actors work harder than film stars
- Mouni Roy and Mohit Rana break-up to Kinshuk Mahajan's comeback: Watch TV updates in SBAS
- Bigg Boss Tamil: Vote online to save Aarav, Snehan, Harish or Vaiyapuri
- Naamkarann to Sunil Grover's new show: Watch TV updates in SBAS
- Fire breaks on Sony TV’s Beyhadh set again! Kushal escorts reel bride Aneri to safety
Though the writers and directors must have done the act in a humorous manner, it didn’t go well with the community. Chief also warned the writer and director of the show to not show such blasphemous content on their TV show. Earlier, a TV show aired on Sony TV faced backlash from audience for promoting child marriage. After much revolt, it was taken off air citing the petitions asking for its ban.
The actors and makers of the show hasn’t issued any statement yet. Their reaction on the matter is still awaited.