Here are 5 easy tips to give makeover to your living room this winterWinter season has arrived and you might have started taking some special precautions for it. If you are planning to give makeover to your living room, here are some tips for you to make your
Winter season has arrived and you might have started taking some special precautions for it. If you are planning to give makeover to your living room, here are some tips for you to make your work little easier.
* Work on warm, welcoming and cosy interiors. Avoid placing couches and chairs along the walls, pull them near, around the centre table or wooden coffee table, this will give your home a cosier ambience.
If your living room is very big, fill the large gaps between tables and sofas with beautiful and colourful ottoman sets along with warm wooden tables. One can also add character to their home by using modern rugs and carpets that visually define the seating area and give a cosier vibe.
* Paint your walls with two-toned colour and add a soft, warm touch to your living room. With this, you can bring warmth and depth to any room of your house. There are many warm colour options like red, yellow, cream and orange. These colours resemble fire and evoke feelings of warmth. White and green can also be added as these will create a cheerful vibe.
Though there is no need to colour the entire home, choose neutrals, and floral pattern curtains, cushions, bed sheets or add freshness through flowers and wall art. This will also help you and others feel calm and blissful.
* Lighting is essential to give an immense interior style, it adds warmth and cosiness to any space. During winter, brighten up your living room with small yet beautiful lights that will create a warm and radiant atmosphere.
There are a variety of lights available in the market, but it's important to get the light, right. You need to think about the space first and then decide on the style of lighting. You can go for soft mood lighting with a layered effect, table lamps, floor lamps beside ceiling fixed lights to make the living area visually appealing. And specially in winters, don't forget to bring decorative yet attractive aromatic candles that will give a cosy yet comfort setting.
* Pick a fabric that suits your decor. A cable knit throw pillows, printed moose cushions are going to feel like sweaters, that give comfort with style. Using a variety of textiles and patterns will also soften up your living room. The tiled flooring freezes your foot during winters, so to save your feet from the chilled floors either place something warm on the floor or throw rugs which will also add a comfortable vibe to the room.
* Take or pick some family photographs, put them together into an interesting frame and display it on your living room wall. You can also create a photo gallery and keep it on the coffee table, or fill the shelves with books, and souvenir items. While keeping furniture close, don't forget the corners, fill the corner with wooden stands or keep a tall potted plant.
(With IANS Inputs)