5 tips to wear your favourite sari yet stay warm in wintersThe winters are here and so is the wedding season. This is the time to dress up in the best way possible. Certainly, none of us would like to slog with heavy sweaters or the
The winters are here and so is the wedding season. This is the time to dress up in the best way possible. Certainly, none of us would like to slog with heavy sweaters or the winter wears.
People have a notion that Indian clothes like sari in autumn/winter can be daunting given the cold weather.
But this is not the case especially for sarees as it being a versatile piece of clothing, can make you look like a fashionista irrespective of the weather.
However, it should be paired with the right winter clothes.
Here we bring you some easy tips which will help you drape you favourite sari to a wedding and yet staying warm
* Winter coat and jackets: You can pair your sari with a jacket to look trendy. In fact, this has been one of the recent trends across the world. Instead of the usual blouse, try a waist length jacket or a trench coat. All you need to keep in mind is that the jacket should complement your dress. Pairing up your sari with a contrasting or similar coloured jacket in velvet or silk, or even a Nehru jacket, will give is a unique and classy look.
Remember to check the material of the jacket or coat before buying as it should keep you warm.
* Replace scarf with pallu: Avoid the scarf that's hiding the look of your pallu, instead drape your pallu as a scarf to cover your neck. It will definitely make you look more elegant, rather than making you look fat because of over clothing.
This will also help you get rid of heavy neckpiece if you are not really fond of wearing them or you haven't bought one matching your attire. Just a pair of big earrings or jingling bangles and you are party ready.
* Boots or pumps with the sari: If this sounds quite eccentric, well then you need to know that this is not a new idea. It's a style from early 1990s when women used to accessorise their sarees with pumps/boots. It will not just keep your feet warm, but also pumps up the style quotient with the perfect amalgamation of grunge with ethnic.
* With pants: Drape your sari with a warm leggings or pants, instead of the petticoat or inner skirt. This will give a Grecian style to your ethnicity and at the same time help you beat the heat. And you know what will make you stand out the crowd? Make your pant visible. Pair them up with elegant pumps and you are just done.
* Wear sweater instead of a blouse: Of course, this is not a new trend. Wear fitting sweater instead of a blouse. It will give you a classy look and will drive away the cold. You can even try for a polo neck sweater with solid color and accessorize with junk jewelry. If not, follow the new trend, wear it with the cape, it's so in.
(With IANS Inputs)