Try these 6 natural ways to keep skin & hair safe from Holi coloursPreparing your skin before Holi is an unsaid rule for girls. Practice a full-fledged customized skincare routine before Holi to ensure minimum damage.
Preparing your skin before Holi is an unsaid rule for girls. Practice a full-fledged customized skincare routine before Holi to ensure minimum damage. Harmful Holi colours can take a toll on your skin, more than you can imagine. Thus, to help you keep your skin baby-soft and glowing, here are some skincare tips that may help.
- Coat your lips with a thick layer of protective lip balm. It is best to choose a lip balm rich in vitamin E. Vitamin E retains moisture in your lips and prevents them from drying.
- Invest in a good organic oil for your hair. Coat each strand of your hair with a nourishing oil before stepping out to play Holi. Don’t make a mistake to let your hair loose while playing Holi. Tie it up in a bun or a ponytail.
- Wearing a high-quality SPF is as important as coating your skin with a thick layer of oil is. Before slathering mustard/coconut oil on your skin, don’t forget to apply a high SPF sunscreen.
- Instead of using water straightaway, use oil to get rid of stubborn Holi colours. Most of the colours are oil-soluble.
- Use glycerin to get rid of colours from your skin. Don’t rub it too hard. Let the colour come out in its natural pace. Otherwise, you’ll end up giving yourself rashes.
- Wear dark coloured full-sleeves clothing. Cover your skin as much as you can. The more you’ll cover your body, the better you’ll be able to save your skin. This is the cardinal rule of Holi skincare.