Shine at your best friend’s wedding with these 7 fashion tips
The wedding season is here and we are sure you would want to make a statement that stands out. If you too are bored of the saris, anarkalis and patiyalas, here is some relief for you.
A leading stylist has doled out tips for girls to ace that shaadi look without going the traditional way. This season, you can opt for exaggerated palazzos and try monotone hues of pink, turquoise, teal and mint green to make a style statement at your best friend's wedding.
Wondering how? Here’s your answer.
1. Jacket style: Jackets have become a versatile fashion statement that can be modified in many different ways. You could pair it with a lehenga-choli or team it up with an exaggerated palazzo.
The jacket in zardosi, embroidery, or intricate velvet is the one-stop solution for fashionistas. Pick an opaque masterpiece in silk-brocade or go for a layered chiffon delicate. Fitted, flowing, flared, short, long, sheer, open or closed - doesn't matter how you style your jacket because it's all good.
2. Extended choli: The choli is extended further with net or lace attached to it, falling either high and low or straight onto the lehenga. Unique crystal placements and mirrors will make you stand out.
The extensions that flow beneath the actual choli add length, grace and volume to both the attire and your style.
3. The trail: Make heads turn and look your mermaid best in an exquisite trail. A trend which has been the favourite on the Hollywood red carpet. A trail adds glamour and richness to any lehenga.
4. Contemporary chic: Try capes, dhoti-pants, shararas, palazzos, and crop-tops -- the drapes and silhouettes are endless.
5. Neutral and monotone: An impeccable section of colour can do as much to your outfit as a designer does. Choose from the neutral palette, or go monotone in blush, turquoise, teal or mint green, the vibrant colours will seamlessly up your game.
To go a step further you could go obmre. Ombre has taken over the latest hair colour, nail paint and even lipstick trends. Ombre lehengas are surely the next step.
6. Floor sweeping fantasies: Make a sweeping statement in the Indian version of a gown and embrace its grandeur. So, opt for a floor length anarkali.
Be thoughtful with layering and take cues from the season's colours, cuts, embroidery and embellishments.
7. Minimalism: If you don't like heavy dressing, then this trend is absolutely for you. Go for tasteful elegance in place of an ostentatious display.
Off-shoulder floral maxi-dress, chevron printed lehenga or a classic georgette sari can put you right under the spotlight.
(With IANS Inputs)