How to avoid or get rid of acne in the monsoon!The monsoon season is at its peak and so are skin diseases. The humidity in such weather makes our skin vulnerable and leads to various skin-related issues. The most common one is acne, something that
The monsoon season is at its peak and so are skin diseases. The humidity in such weather makes our skin vulnerable and leads to various skin-related issues. The most common one is acne, something that worries girls a lot!
Those red spots that burst out on the face not only rob them of their beauty but also their confidence to stand out.
Hence, it is very important that one either gets rid of them as soon as they appear or prevents them from erupting. It is recommended to follow the mantra – prevention is better than cure. Yes, why run after cosmetics to get rid of them afterwards when in the first place, we can easily avoid them.
So, here are some tips to avoid acne –
1) This one is quite well-known – Wash your face at least 2-3 times a day. Especially, in this season, it is very important to prevent the moisture in the environment from blocking the pores on your face.
2) Moisturize your face like you do in any other season, but in the damp weather prefer using a noncomedogenic product. This type of product will minimize dryness and skin peeling while not allowing the pimples to pop up. In case of oily skin, prefer a gel-based moisturizer instead of a cream-based one.
3) If pimples have erupted, then do not touch them with your hands as the bacteria in the hands can make them burst out more.
4) Use make-up sparingly or only when required. If you are one of those who wear make-up on regular basis, then it is recommended that you avoid doing so during a pimple burst-out. Especially avoid foundations, powders and blushes. If you want to use them, then remember to wash mandatorily with a cleanser at the end of the day or use a noncomedogenic product.
5) Also, be careful with the type of products that you use for your hair. These can also land on your face and either aggravate an already existing pimple or cause new ones to come out by blocking the skin pores. Prefer applying a mild shampoo and a conditioner to wash the hair.
Tips to get rid of acne -
1) Use over-the-counter (OTC) creams to soothe an aggravated pimple. Instead of popping pills, these are more effective.
2) In case of an emerging pimple, instead of immediately rushing to a dermatologist, prefer using easily available home remedies like the commonly used toothpaste or aloe vera gel.
Yes, the white toothpaste can soothe an aggravated pimple and at times can even dry it off completely. Simply apply it on the affected area and leave it for a couple of hours or overnight.
In the same manner, take the gel of the leaves directly from the aloe vera plant and treat in the manner as mentioned above.
3) In a gap of 20-25 days, you may take ozone cleansing. This helps in getting rid of pimples.
4) Drink a lot of water. This helps to keep the skin firm and plump while flushing out harmful toxins.
5) Once a week, use an exfoliating cream or a face mask. This not only removes dead skin cells but also opens clogged pores hence allowing them to breathe pimple-free.