Embrace marsala colour for home decorNew Delhi: From sprucing up the furniture with cushions and pillows to painting an entire wall of a room in this colour, there are plenty of ways to incorporate marsala, the hottest shade of the
New Delhi: From sprucing up the furniture with cushions and pillows to painting an entire wall of a room in this colour, there are plenty of ways to incorporate marsala, the hottest shade of the season, in your home space.
It will lend an elegant yet natural earthiness to your abode.
The vintage wine red colour was announced as 'The Colour of the Year' by Pantone Color Institute last month.
FabFurnish.com, an online Indian furniture and interior decoration retailer, has given tips on ways to use the hue in the colour palette of your homes. Here's how:
* Go for decoratives such as vases, candle holders and photo frames in marsala. This way, you'll be able to use this colour to give the perfect definition to your interiors. A lamp shade or even a clock in this colour will add the right amount of warmth and charm to any space.
* Marsala makes for an excellent choice for an accent wall, especially in the dining room. It has an organic air and is known to be a stimulant for the appetite. Alternatively, a dining table cover in marsala can also do the trick. The colour also exudes sophistication enough to be the ideal backdrop for a night of entertaining friends.
* A bright marsala-kissed rug or curtains can heighten the visual appeal of an otherwise simple room. Marsala goes very well with bronze or walnut-coloured bedposts and night tables. Curtains or rugs in marsala with subtle gold embroidery will drape your room in elegance and style.
* The kitchen is another great place to play around with marsala because of its nurturing and fulfilling appeal. Appliances, kitchen slabs or cupboards in this wine-kissed colour can completely transform the look of the happiest room of the home. If you want only a minimal touch of the trendy shade, go in for a marsala kitchen splashback.
* When it comes to home decor, colours such as grey, golden yellow, cobalt, turquoise and lighter hues of green can be paired creatively with marsala. To add opulence and fashion in one solid statement, create a beige or dull-gold theme with marsala across the interiors of your home.