Top 12 essential summer picks by hot Monica DograCrop tops, dungarees - Monica Dogra's summer picksNew Delhi: Put your best foot forward in breezy and comfortable crop tops, sun dresses and trendy dungarees to beat the summer heat, suggests singer-actor Monica Dogra.Here are
Crop tops, dungarees - Monica Dogra's summer picks
New Delhi: Put your best foot forward in breezy and comfortable crop tops, sun dresses and trendy dungarees to beat the summer heat, suggests singer-actor Monica Dogra.
Here are some fashion tips from Monica:
1. Ganji maxi: This summer you need to stay cool and comfortable, while burning the streets by the day. This Ganji-styled maxi look with some boots. This cool and chic- eyeballs would be grabbed for sure.
2. Crop tops: Flaunt your midriff in a crop top. You can pair it with shorts, skirts or even palazzo pants. Get one in a neutral colour (white or black) that you can mix and match with your clothes. A crop top is one of the must-have items for summer!
3. Sun dresses: With the perfect dash of classy and comfy, these short and cooling sundresses are the perfect wear for every occasion.
4. Printed dresses: Be it a beautiful bouquet of florals or a digitised print, a pattern is this summer's top option for rocking a feminine frock. If you like the maxi version, you can team it with a shrug and you're good to go.
5. Breezy dresses: You cannot go through summer without wearing a lot of flowy dresses. These are breezy dresses, preferably in cotton, that allow of easy movement and are super comfortable to wear. They help you to put up with the scorching heat of the summer sun, while ensuring that you look pretty.
6. Skirts: Summer is a great time to show skin and not have to worry about layering your clothing. Apart from the hassle of having to slather on sunscreen every few hours, summer is a time for a lot of outdoor activities. A comfy long skirt teamed with a crop top fits just perfectly for every occasion.
7. Loose Pants: Harem, dhoti and pallazos -- no matter what you call them, loose-fitting pants are the pair to have for the warm months ahead. Team with a vest or crop top. The fashion-forward look works for a night out (dress them up with heels) or a day around town (flats and a jean jacket tank or a soft jacket).
8. Dungaree: Any fashionable woman knows a well-edited wardrobe requires easy-to-wear yet elegant pieces that hit the sweet spot of comfortable and chic. At the cornerstone of this high casual wardrobe is, of course, denim. These dungrees take you back a few years and make you feel all cool and stylish.
9. Funky shades: Stop playing it safe and go get yourself a pair of fun and quirky sunglasses. Not only will they up your coolness quotient, they will also look awesome in photographs. The quirkier they are, the better! That means bold colours, whacky shapes and what not.
10. Accessories: are what it's all about. Use them to style and personalise your summer looks. Bold-coloured beads on a loose linen dresses. They can take your look from everyday to a unique and stylish you.
11. Ripped jeans: Summer must-haves act as the perfect solution to beating the heat while managing to look stylish and trendy at the same time. Ripped jeans are officially the most trending and comfortable item across the globe.
12. Sun hat: A sun hat is a sure way to look super cool this summer. It is one of those items that has both fashion and practical value; it protects one's complexion while making the person look tres chic as well. Opt for a smart little hat with a normal brim or go for an outrageously wide-brimmed hat to make a statement.