Bali, Krabi top monsoon getaway destinations for Indians: ExpertsExperts have suggested that Bali and Krabi are at the top choice of Indian travellers when it comes to holidaying at internatonal destinations
Experts have suggested that Bali and Krabi are at the top choice of Indian travellers when it comes to holidaying at internatonal destinations. In India, they prefer to go to Havelock and Kasol.
Experts at online travel companies MakeMyTrip, Gofro and Abhijit Mishra, Country Director India at KAYAK, have listed out the trends catching up this year during the rainy season.
* 27 per cent more trips are being made by Indians this monsoon compared to last year. This year 60 per cent more Indians are or have travelled to international destinations during monsoon.
* Top leisure destinations during this period are Goa, Manali, Mysore, Ooty, Shimla, Munnar, Kochi, Mahabaleshwar and Nainital while Havelock, Kasol, Neemrana, Silvassa and Lansdowne are few fastest growing destination this season.
Top international destinations continue to be the short haul destinations like Dubai, Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia while the fastest growing international destinations during the monsoon period are a mix of short and long haul destinations. With highest growth seen for Bali, Krabi, Toronto, Seychelles and Seoul.
* Kerala remains the preferred location for Indian travellers planning their domestic holidays. Roughly 30 per cent of the travellers search for Kerala bookings. This can be derived from the serenity and vastness offered by the beaches of Kovalam and Varkala and the lush hill retreats of Munnar and Vagamon.
* Goa remains pretty stable during the entire season with approximately 25 per cent searches for this all year round destination.
* The general searches for domestic destinations have increased at an average of 30 per cent month on month.