Bihar midday meal: Smoke from burning AC wire creates panic at Patna hospital

Patna, Jul 19: Burning of an electric wire of an air conditioner in the paediatric ward of Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH), where 24 students of Chhapra midday meal tragedy are undergoing treatment, created
bihar midday meal smoke from burning ac wire...
PTI July 19, 2013 16:26 IST
Patna, Jul 19: Burning of an electric wire of an air conditioner in the paediatric ward of Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH), where 24 students of Chhapra midday meal tragedy are undergoing treatment, created panic with some parents running out of the ward with their children. 





PMCH Superintendent Amarkant Jha Amar told PTI that smoke came out due to the burning of the AC wire because of voltage fluctuation.

There was no gas leak, he clarified.

The AC was immediately put off and the wire disconnected, the PMCH Superintendent said.

He said doctors and attending nurses immediately opened the windows for the smoke to go out.

Twenty-four children of primary school, Dharmasati Gandaman of Saran district and a cook, Manju Devi, are admitted in the paediatric ward of PMCH since Tuesday night. 

The PMCH Superintendent said all of them are showing signs of recovery.

“Their condition is improving fast and they have been kept here only for observation for a few more days,” Amar said. 

“Three children are in the ICU not because they are serious but for safety only”, Amar said.
 
Chunav Manch Gujarat 2017
 
 
 
Assembly Elections 2017
 
 

You May Like

   
 

More from india

 
 
Assembly Elections 2017