Salient Features of Lokpal BillNew Delhi, Dec 22: Following are the salient features of the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Bill, 2011: 1. Lokpal will consist of a chairperson who is or has been Chief Justice of India, or has been a
New Delhi, Dec 22: Following are the salient features of the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Bill, 2011:
1. Lokpal will consist of a chairperson who is or has been Chief Justice of India, or has been a judge of Supreme court , or an eminent person.
2. Eight other members of which 4 will be judicial members.
3. Fifty percent of the members of Lokpal shall be persons belonging to SC, ST , OBC and women.
4. Prime Minister will be chairperson of the selction committee which wil appoint Lokpal and its mebers. It will comprise of Speaker of the house, Leader of opposition, Chief justice of India or a judge of Supreme court nominated by him, one emiinent jurist nominated by the president.
5. The chairperson ( Lokpal) and every member will hold office for the five years or until he attains the age of seventy years.
6. Salary and allowances of Chairperson shall be chief justice of India. Other members shall be those of judge of supreme court.
7. There shall be secretary to Lokpal in the rank of secretary to goverment of India.
8. Thers shall be director of Inquiry and Director of Prosecuition not below rank of additional secretary to goverment of India.
9. Lokpal shall constituite a inquiry wing . Provided that till such time it is constituited central goverment shall make available such number of officers and other staff from its ministries or departments.
10. Lokapal shall also constituite a prosecution wing . Provided that till such time it is constituited central goverment shall make available such number of officers and other staff from its ministries or departments.
11. Jurisdiction of Lokpal to include PM, Ministers, MP, Groups A, B, C and D officials of central goverment .
12. Lokpal will have no jurisdiction as far as PM is concerned with issues rerlated to international relations, externaland internal secuirty, public order, atomic energy and space.
13. For enquiry against PMm three fourth of it's members approve of such enquiry.
14. Lokpal after receiving complaint if decides to proceed further it should order preliminary enquiry against any publi servant by its' inquiry wing.
15. Lokpal will recommend the compalints to CVC in respect to public servants belonging to Group A, B, C or D .
16. CVC after inquiry will submit it's report to Lokpal .
17. Every preliminary enquiry shall ordinarily be completed within a period of ninety days.
18. No previous sanction needed for Lokpal for conducting preliminary inquiry or investigation.
19. Lokpal to have power of Civil court in certain cases-- summoning and examining any person on oath.
20. Lokpal have the power to recommend central goverment transfer and suspension of public servant with allegation of corruption.
21. Lokpal chairperson and members shall be removed by president after Supreme court made such reference.
22. Whoever makes any false, frivolous complaint will be punished with one year imprisonment and with fine of maximum one lakh rupees.
23. The Lokayukta in every state will consist of chairperson and eight other members.
24. Lokayukta and other members will be appointed by governor of which CM of the state will be chairman of the selction committee.