Ford Assembly election results 2017
  • Akamai
  • CP Plus

Uttarakhand: 50,000 still stranded, 34,000 rescued, 43 choppers involved in operations, says Centre

New Delhi, June 21 :  More than 34,000 people have been evacuated from the flood-hit areas of Uttarakhand so far, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said Friday, adding that about 50,000 still remain stranded.The home minister,
uttarakhand 50 000 still stranded 34 000 rescued...
IANS June 21, 2013 16:51 IST
New Delhi, June 21 :  More than 34,000 people have been evacuated from the flood-hit areas of Uttarakhand so far, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said Friday, adding that about 50,000 still remain stranded.



The home minister, speaking to reporters after a meeting with members of the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA), said: "We have evacuated more than 34,000 people. Some 49,000-50,000 people are still stranded."

"The figure of the death toll so far is 207, but more people could be buried in the debris," Shinde said.
 

You May Like

   
 

More from india