Rise above caste and vote for development of Uttar Pradesh, says PM Narendra Modi in LucknowPrime Minister Narendra Modi is addressing a mega rally in Lucknow today and is expected to make more big ticket announcements ahead of the crucial Uttar Pradesh assembly elections.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday addressed a mega rally in Lucknow ahead of the crucial Uttar Pradesh assembly elections.
Accusing the Samajwadi Party and BSP of doing politics at the cost of development, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday urged the people of Uttar Pradesh to vote for the BJP to change the state's fortunes.
Modi also said it was imperative for Uttar Pradesh to develop for India to progress in every sense.
"We want India to march ahead, want poverty to be eliminated, illiteracy to end, diseases to end. But all these dreams will be fulfilled only when the fortune of UP is changed," he said.
"For India to progress, UP has to progress.
"It pains me when I see how governments in the state have been functioning. Even for building a road, they first measure political considerations.
"Development is not their preference. They only know petty politics," he said, targeting the Samajwadi Party and the Bahujan Samaj Party which have ruled the state for the last 14 years.
"The Centre in the last two and half years provided Rs 2.5 lakh crore to the state. Had this money been properly utilized, UP's condition wouldn't be like it is now," he said.
Here are the highlights of Modi's speech:
- Ye Lucknow ki dharti Atal ji ki karmabhoomi hai, unke jaise anek mahapurushon ne apni jawani iss dharti par khapayi
- Kuch log kehte hain BJP ka 14 saal ka vanvaas khatam hoga, mudda BJP ke vanvaas ka nahin hai
- Mudda 14 saal ke vanvaas ka nahin, 14 saal ke liye Uttar Pradesh mein vikaas ka vanvaas ho gaya hai
- Hindustan ka bhagya badalne ke liye pehli shart hai ki humein Uttar Pradesh ka bhaagya badalna padega
- Jabse Delhi mein humari sarkaar bani,UP sarkaar ko har varsh Fin Comsn ke madhyam se 1 lakh jitni rakm kharch karne ke liye zyada mili
- Dalon ki rajneeti dalon tak seemit honi chahiye, janata ke saath nahin honi chahiye
- Aapne kabhi SP,BSP ko ek saath dekha hai? Itne saalon ke baad ek mudde pe dono ikhatte ho gaye, keh rahe hain Modi ko badlo
- Have you ever seen BSP and SP together? When BSP says sun is rising, SP will say sun is setting. But both agree on 'Modi hatao'
- Vote for the development of Uttar Pradesh, forgetting all caste and creed
- They say remove Modi I say remove black money, they say remove Modi, I say remove corruption. You decide what we want to remove
- Kuch dal aise hain jinka UP mein ata pata hi nahin hai
- Ek dal aisa hai jo apne bete ko prasthapit karne ke liye 15 saal se koshish kar raha hai lekin abhi tak daal galti nazar nahin aa rahi
- Doosre dal ko chinta hai paise kahan rakhein, wo paise bachane mein lage hain, door door ki bank khoj rahe hain
- Aur ek dal aisa hai jo parivar ka kya hoga usmein lage hue hain
- Our high command is the people of India. We have no other high command
- Despite full support from the Centre, UP govt has no time to purchase paddy from farmers
- People of UP have to decide whether those busy saving their black money and family can save the state
Elections dates are expected to be announced any day and with that a model code of conduct will be in force which prohibits the announcement of sops.
BJP President Amit Shah, senior leaders Rajnath Singh, Kalraj Mishra and Uma Bharti were among those attending the rally.