Opposition obstructed functioning of Parliament to ‘safeguard the corrupt’: PM ModiPrime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday attacked the opposition parties, including Congress, Left and others, for stalling Parliament and accused them of running away from a debate on demonetisation to "safeguard the corrupt".
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday attacked the opposition parties, including Congress, Left and others, for stalling Parliament and accused them of running away from a debate on demonetisation to "safeguard the corrupt".
PM Modi was addressing a public rally in poll-bound Uttar Pradesh’s Kanpur area.
"They didn't allow Parliament to function as they were not ready to debate demonetisation," Modi told a rally.
Virtually the entire Winter Session of Parliament was washed out over the government's November 8 decision of scrapping Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 notes to curb black money, corruption and terror funding.
"Even after the President (Pranab Mukherjee) urged them not to disrupt the Parliament, they didn't listen to his advice," Modi said.
"They did this because they were running away from the debate over demonetisation."
Lashing out at opposition leaders, Modi said: "They even threw torn papers at the Speaker to halt Parliament proceedings.
"They did all this to safeguard the corrupt when the government was busy catching the corrupt," the Prime Minister said.
While attacking Samajwadi Party, PM Modi said, “People in Uttar Pradesh are tired of goondaism. Those people have support from the state govt, till the govt is not changed this problem won't be solved.”
In Kanpur, Modi also unveiled a clutch of skill development initiatives aimed at skilling unemployed youth and also lay the foundation stone of the Indian Institute of Skills.
This was PM Modi’s sixth rally in Uttar Pradesh ahead of state assembly polls which are expected to take place in February-March next year.
Highlights of his speech:
- Many initiatives have been taken by the Government to empower the youth especially in Uttar Pradesh
- Youths if given the right kind of exposure & facilities can contribute a lot in the growth of nation
- Humara agenda hai ki kaala dhan bandh ho aur unka agenda hai ki sansad bandh ho
- Municipality mei choone hue log bhi aisa vyayhaar karne se pahele 50 baar sochte hain
- People in Uttar Pradesh are tired of goondaism. Those people have support from Govt, till Govt is not changed this prob won't be solved
- Pehli baar desh me aisa hua ki beimaano ki madad karne ke liye kuch log Sansad mein naare bol rahe they
- It is the responsibility of political parties to set an example on non-corrupt practices. Especially about donations to pol parties
- Due to continues election mode, much time is wasted which can b used in development activities. I appeal to EC to start dialogue on this
- When there was a Rs 1000 nobody cared for 500 & 100. Now Rs100 value is being seen, since Nov 8th directive
- Had said in all party meet held before winter session tht we must have discussion on donations given to pol parties& LS-RS elections
- I requested in the all party meet that discussion on how political parties get funds should take place in the Parliament
- Before demonetisation decision, there was no value for Rs 100 notes but after this decision people are valuing it and poor people
- Ek nirnay se ache achon ka khel khatam ho gaya.Kuch logon ko lagta tha bank mein paise daal diya toh safed ho gaye, yahin galti kar gaye
- Yahin log dhol pitte the Rajiv Gandhi ne computer diya&aaj jab main kehta hoon ki mobile ko bank banao toh kehte hain mobile kahaan hai?
- Kitna jhooth bolte hain yeh log? Logon ko ghumrah kar rahe hain
- Now we are using technology to track those who have stashed black money, we are vigilant & raids are being conducted country wide
- I am aware of their strength, when they can bribe bank officials they can do anything but we have to fight this
- Congress dwara political parties ke hisab-kitab ke liye banaye kanoon mein humaari sarkaar ne full stop,comma ko b hath nahi lagaya
- Shopkeepers who are using debit/credit cards to receive payments will also receive rewards in thousands of rupees in a lucky draw scheme
- History will not record who was the PM who brought about this revolutionary change in eradicating corruption, but will praise people
- History will not remember this move for which PM took this decision but for the fight waged by common people against black money