SP-Congress chanting Gayatri Prajapati Mantra, says PM ModiThe road show began from the BHU main gate and conclude at Kaal Bhairav temple.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi today offered several litres of milk, Ganga jal and flowers at the fabled Kashi Vishwanath temple and performed aarti at the sanctum sanctorum during a break in his road show.
Blaming Akhilesh Yadav for "sleeping over" the demand for justice by a "beti" in the rape case against Gayatri Prajapati, PM Modi today said the voters in Uttar Pradesh have got an opportunity to perform the "pind daan" (last rites) of their "tormentors".
He also said that unlike the BJP, its opponents believed in "kuch ka saath, kuch ka hi vikas (with a few, development of a few)".
"In this country, when we do something good, we chant the Gayatri Mantra. But, the SP-Congress alliance is chanting the Gayatri Prajapati Mantra.
"A case has been lodged against him (but) the chief minister went to campaign for him while he (Gayatri) was
present there...Now, the police cannot trace him," Modi told an election rally here.
"A daughter is seeking justice and the chief minister is shielding the gunehgaar (guilty)...What bigger blot can there be than this that in Uttar Pradesh, when a buffalo goes missing, the government runs to find it.
"But, a girl is crying for justice and the police and chief minister are sleeping...Such a government needs to be punished," he added.
The UP Govt. website clearly shows what their 'Karnamas' are & that is when they removed that content from the website: PM Modi in Jaunpur pic.twitter.com/Gy2Vbc9CuO— ANI UP (@ANINewsUP) March 4, 2017
* They got angry when I said 'Karname are speaking & not Kaam' so I decided to verify again by searching on the UP govt websites: PM Modi
* Loans of small farmers will be waived off in the first cabinet meeting after BJP comes to power in UP: PM Modi
* SP government wasted development funds given by Centre
* For 40 years our forces demanded OROP but nothing happened. I had promised a BJP Govt will deliver on OROP&we did: PM Modi
* Those who question surgical strikes come to Jaunpur & ask the families of martyrs. Why politicise issues of national security: PM Modi
* PM Narendra Modi addresses rally in Jaunpur
Unforgettable moments in Kashi. It is always special being here. My gratitude to the people for the affection. Truly humbled. pic.twitter.com/Ehpn4Dl5AI— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) March 4, 2017
* Road show proceeds towards Kaal Bhairav temple
PM Narendra Modi offered prayers at Kaal Bhairav temple in Varanasi pic.twitter.com/XCFFgZhBT8— ANI (@ANI_news) March 4, 2017
* PM Modi offers prayers at Kashi Vishwanath temple
Varanasi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi performed 'aarti' at Kashi Vishvanath Temple pic.twitter.com/eSKFf2JII9— ANI (@ANI_news) March 4, 2017
PM Narendra Modi offered prayers at the Kaal Bhairav temple in Varanasi pic.twitter.com/2bN5rvsWSw— ANI (@ANI_news) March 4, 2017
PM Narendra Modi offered prayers in the Kashi Vishwanath temple in Varanasi (In Pic: the Kashi Vishwanath temple's sanctum) pic.twitter.com/8ThWilFm27— ANI (@ANI_news) March 4, 2017
PM Modi's roadshow proceeds, to reach Kashi Vishwanath temple in Varanasi shortly pic.twitter.com/VsaIif22SU— ANI (@ANI_news) March 4, 2017
* PM Modi to offer prayers at the Kashi Vishwanath temple and Kaal Bhairab temple shortly
PM Narendra Modi's roadshow underway in Varanasi, supporters raise slogans 'Har har Modi, Ghar ghar Modi' pic.twitter.com/n8YwQYepPi— ANI UP (@ANINewsUP) March 4, 2017
Crowd gathers on Varanasi roads as PM Narendra Modi's roadshow begins pic.twitter.com/uHj7m2MiaU— ANI UP (@ANINewsUP) March 4, 2017
* Supporters raise slogans 'Har har Modi, Ghar ghar Modi'
PM Modi pays tribute to Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya in Varanasi. pic.twitter.com/sECnx0faH3— ANI UP (@ANINewsUP) March 4, 2017
* The black SUV carrying PM Modi arrives at the BHU main gate. The PM will now garland the statue of Madan Mohan Malviya.
PM Narendra Modi arrives at Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi pic.twitter.com/uUhQZsYD9s— ANI UP (@ANINewsUP) March 4, 2017
Uttar Pradesh: Prime Minister Narendra Modi reaches Babatpur airport, he will address public meetings in Jaunpur and Varanasi today. pic.twitter.com/N5TaOXMJSH— ANI UP (@ANINewsUP) March 4, 2017
* Prime Minister Narendra Modi reaches Babatpur airport
The Prime Minister is expected to hold two more election meetings here, one each on Sunday and Monday.
Top leaders of the party and Union Ministers have been camping in the city to galvanize public support in favour of the BJP, which is aiming at a revival in the state where it had been in decline for more than a decade before making a dramatic comeback in the 2014 general elections when it won a stunning 71 Lok Sabha seats in UP, its best-ever performance till date.
Varanasi and neighbouring districts will go to the polls in the final phase on March 8. Results will be declared on March 11.