This is the beginning of a new India, says PM Modi in his speechTo celebrate the BJP’s massive win in Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will shortly conduct a road show in Delhi. The one kilometre road show will conclude at the party headquarters in
Celebrating the BJP’s historic win in Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand elections, Prime Minister Narendra Modi today walked to the BJP headquarters in Lutyens' Delhi.
This was the first public appearance of the Prime Minister after poll results in five states came out yesterday.
As PM's motorcade arrived at the roundabout on Ashoka Road near Le Meridien Hotel, he was greeted by supporters who had gathered on either side of the road.
A few metres away from the roundabout, he got off his car and walked towards the BJP headquarters to attend the party's Parliamentary Board meeting.
Surrounded by security personnel, Modi waved at his supporters during his 'victory walk' amid shower of petals and chants of 'Modi, Modi'.
In view of Prime Minister's roadshow, a multi-layer security cover was put in place on Ashoka Road with hundreds of personnel of Delhi Police, CISF and BSF as well as NSG commandos deployed.
BJP workers danced to the drum beats outside the party headquarters, where Modi was felicitated, waved party flags and shouted slogans of 'Har Har Modi, Ghar Ghar Modi'.
BJP supporters threw 'gulal' (Holi colours) at each other
to celebrate party's victory in Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand. They also came with colourful balloons.
Police put up barricades on both sides of Ashoka Road in order to make a clear passage for the Prime Minister's arrival at the BJP headquarters.
Outside the party office, a large LCD screen was installed for the people who had gathered to hear the Prime Minister.
* BJP government is for all. Those who have voted for us and also those who have not, said PM Modi
Want to thank Amit Shah and the team: PM Modi at BJP HQ in Delhi pic.twitter.com/H9fmnW9w5M— ANI (@ANI_news) March 12, 2017
Vote diya na diya wo chunaav nateejon tak theek hai, sarkaar sabki hoti hai, sabke liye hoti hai, sath chalne ke liye hoti hai: PM Modi pic.twitter.com/P6uJQN4u8H— ANI (@ANI_news) March 12, 2017
* In a democracy, government is formed by majority but govt runs by acceptance of all: PM Modi
I had said that we are new, have less experience and can make mistakes, but wont do anything with wrong intention: PM Modi pic.twitter.com/KoOLhx8icC— ANI (@ANI_news) March 12, 2017
* In 2022, we mark 75 years of Independence, which will be a landmark moment for the nation: PM Modi
* The MLAs who have been elected will always fulfil the promises made to the public: PM
* I would like to thank the voters of the five states, want to assure them that we will leave no stone unturned for the betterment: PM Modi
I would like to thank the voters of the five states, want to assure them that we will leave no stone unturned for the betterment: PM Modi pic.twitter.com/8yyTXw40sY— ANI (@ANI_news) March 12, 2017
* I am not someone who looks at things only from an election perspective. I see things for the well being of the people, said PM Modi
* Through the membership drive, the BJP has been able to become the largest political party in the world, says PM
* Amit Shah has worked hard and has made BJP the largest party in the world: PM
* PM Modi praises BJP cheif Amit Shah for the massive victory
* The burden on the middle class should reduce. This will enable our middle classes to shine, tell PM to gathering
* Antyodaya is integral to our work. We understand the strength of India's poor: PM
* The results of these elections are an emotional issue as this year is the birth centenary of Pundit Deendayal Upadhaya: PM Modi
These elections are an emotional issue for us. They come when we mark the centenary celebrations of Pandit Deen Dayal Ji: PM Modi pic.twitter.com/GWDlVFJNOt— ANI (@ANI_news) March 12, 2017
* Generations of individuals have given their lives to build this party, said PM
Gareeb mein saamarth mai dekh paata hoon, unki shakti ko pehchaan paata hoon: PM Modi at BJP HQ in Delhi pic.twitter.com/pvwv6SHZB1— ANI (@ANI_news) March 12, 2017
* BJP should be humbled by the massive victory margin, and use this as an opportunity to serve the people: PM
* This win is like an order from the voters and we have to follow these orders: PM Modi
* In addition to electing govts, elections are also about Lok Shikshan & to deepen bond between people & democracy, says PM
* In addition to electing govts, elections are also about Lok Shikshan & to deepen bond between people & democracy: PM Modi
* Political parties have been reluctant to take up issues such as development in the elections: PM
* Political pundits are forced to think how after huge polling sometimes landmark verdicts happen, said PM
* There are many reasons for a win but such an empathetic win after such a record turnout is special & makes everyone think: PM Modi.
* Polling percentage is increasing in our country, this is good for democracy, said PM Modi.
* I wish you a happy holi. Our festivals teach us to win over our deficiencies and move forward: PM
* PM Narendra Modi begins addressing supporters at BJP headquarters.
* Modi is the most popular PM since independence who has been working for the poor: Amit Shah
* After a very long time, a party has got more than 3/4th majority in UP and Uttrakhand, said party chief
* Our victory in UP is better than our performance in 2014: Shah
* The mandate given by the people this time, is two steps ahead of the 2014 election mandate, said BJP President Amit Shah
* Party chief Amit Shah welcomes the gathering with chants of 'Bharat mata ki jai'.
PM Narendra Modi at BJP HQ in Delhi, party President Amit Shah, Home Minister Rajnath Singh also present pic.twitter.com/k7RTcbADT8— ANI (@ANI_news) March 12, 2017
* PM Narendra Modi offers tribute to Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay at BJP Headquarter in Delhi.
PM Narendra Modi offers tribute to Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay at BJP Headquarter in Delhi. pic.twitter.com/4UE9vMTFMy— ANI (@ANI_news) March 12, 2017
* PM Modi's cavalcade arrives at Windsor Place.
* Amit shah reaches to bjp office ...PM will arrive after some time.
(With inputs from PTI)